Posts Tagged ‘how to get high’
By Jesse Levin
“Call off The Drug War” says former U.S. President Jimmy Carter in an op-ed for the New York Times. His article is released on the 40th anniversary of the day that President Nixon declared America in a “war on drugs.”
Carter aligns himself with a report released this month by the Global Commission on Drug Policy. That report argues that current strategies of imprisoning non-violent drug users and small time dealers has cost one trillion dollars, and led to 40 million arrests, but not reduced the availability or use of drugs. In short, the report says the drug war failed.
The report was endorsed by 16 world leaders, including former presidents or prime ministers of five countries, former US Secretary George Shultz, and the UN Secretary-General Kofi Annan.
The 40th anniversary of the Drug War might well be remembered as the moment when the debate about Drug Policy shifted, and opposition to the drug war became main stream.
African American leaders have been historically conservative about the drug war but that seems to be changing. Jesse Jackson, a long time supporter of the drug war shifted sides and wrote in support of the Global Commission on Drug Policy’s report this month. Regarding the drug war, he writes in the Chicago Sun, “it would be impossible to invent a more complete failure.”
Leaders from African American and religious communities, including Rev. Jesse Jackson and Dr. Ron Daniels, held a forum Friday at the National Press Club in Washington DC to denounce current drug war policies and their racial bias. Despite the fact that the use and sale of drugs is no higher among African Americans than among white Americans, black men are sometimes jailed at rates 20 to 50 times higher than white men – for the same nonviolent drug offenses.
In his op-ed, Jimmy Carter explains how the prison population jumped from 500,000 when he left office in 1981 to 2.3 million in 2009. Carter blames the war on drugs for this trend. He says, “The single greatest cause of prison population growth has been the war on drugs, with the number of people incarcerated for nonviolent drug offenses increasing more than twelve fold since 1980.”
In 1977 President Carter told congress, “the country should decriminalize the possession of less than an ounce of marijuana” and he “cautioned against filling our prisons with young people who were no threat to society.”
Today, in places like New York City the police are arresting record breaking numbers of young people for simple possession of marijuana. New York City has arrested 350,000 people for marijuana possession since 2002. About 70% percent of those arrested were under 30 years old.
A woman named Alika, a 26-year-old single mother in Brooklyn made news this week after being fired from her job with the New York City Housing Authority as a result of being arrested for possessing a small bag of marijuana in her purse. Criminal records are instantly accessible on the internet and the collateral consequences of drug arrests — like job loss and deportation — are routine and severe.
The drug war is deeply entrenched in our society. Systematic reforms will require support and courage from current politicians and not just former ones like Jimmy Carter. And our elected officials will not budge until the people who vote for them make their opposition to the drug war heard clearly.
The 40th anniversary of the war on drugs became an opportunity for leaders from diverse backgrounds to emerge with the unified message that the drug war failed. It is unusual and thrilling to see support for an issue that has been taboo for so long. We are witnessing a shift of opinion on drug policy. Is it too much to believe that we may also be seeing the beginning of a social movement?
We’ve all been there. You smoke and you realize at some point that you got way higher than you thought you would or it creeps up on you and hits you all at once. Then you are past the point of no return. You instantly turn into a vegetable that will only move to get food or to make your way to your bed. You still feel lovely though.
It happens to the best of us. Here are 77 ways that I (or my friends) have experienced that let us know that we may have had too much that evening.
You know you are way too stoned when….
- You can’t hit your bowl cause it’s clogged with resin
- You light your cigarette the wrong way
- When you realize that the song you thought you were listening to ended ten minutes ago
- When you decide to found your own religion entirely based on the eating of Doritos
- You are tired of talking midway through a sentence
- Your bags are empty and you don’t know why
- When you find yourself at McDonald’s with no money because you spent it on weed
- When you say a joke to someone who originally said that same joke to you
- When you talk to your cat and get angry because it’s not replying
- When you talk to your cat and it actually is replying
- If you play through just one level of a video game, then look over and find the clock has somehow skipped five hours
- When you cough up a lugie and it tastes like bong water
- When you stare at a TV that’s not even turned on because you don’t feel like turning it on
- You put your lighter in your mouth and try to light it with your bowl. (true story)
- When you put sentences together like George Bush
- When your friend tells you to roll another blunt, and half an hour later you wonder why no one’s smoking
- When you go to Wendy’s and pass out with your face in your french fries
- When you decide its a good idea to moon a police officer
- When everything is just a little too funny
- When walking to your kitchen seems like an epic journey
- When you start to do one thing, get distracted by another and never even remember that you started the original thing
- When you wake up still high and rush to work only to realize that this is your day off
- When you fall asleep 5 minutes after starting a movie
- When you stop at a stop sign and wait for it to turn green
- When you load a bowl without dumping the ash out of the last one, you cant pull a hit, and fuck up a bowl of good weed having to dump out a half burning bowl and watch it crumble into black powder
- You spend 30 minutes searching for something and then realize that it was in your hand all along
- You pour anything but milk into your cereal
- Someone says hi to you and you reply 45 minutes later because you just realize what they said
- You drive 40mph on the highway
- You drive 10mph on the street
- When you get excited because you beat your dog in a staring contest
- When you call to order a pizza, wait 2 hours and realize that you never actually ordered it
- When it takes you 10 minutes to figure out how to operate a seat belt
- When you go grocery shopping and the only thing you buy is pop rocks, nerds, and every single wonka candy you find
- When you just can’t stop coughing
- When you forget to put water in the bong
- When your bong is taller than your dog
- It takes you 25 minutes to roll a joint
- When the Taco Bell employees know you by name
- You’re eating something on your way home thinking about what you’re gonna eat when you get home
- When you start stealing friends lighters
- when you try to leave the house but had to go back in 6 times to individually retrieve your wallet, cell phone, lighter, keys, drink, and hat that you remembered to bring, one at a time
- You call burger king and ask if they deliver
- When you try to figure out ways to smoke the roaches
- When you misplace a 3 foot bong, that you just used
- When you don’t have anything to drink so you drink the juice from a can of fruit
- When you think everyone thinks you’re really stoned
- When you look like this….
- When you “accidentally” kiss your girlfriends sister thinking it was her
- You are out of weed so you try chewing on sticks and seeds
- Spend an hour trying to find a specific DVD only to realize you left it in the DVD player
- When you enjoy not being able to move
- When you’ve lost your lighter, again
- When you start a sentence and then half way through you forget what you were going to say
- When you swear you see police cars behind you and you haven’t even started the car yet
- When you forget where you put the rest of the weed or the dutch
- When you read a blog post and can’t even make it to number 57 in it without getting distracted by the fridge
- When you get lost in your own house
- When you have a baggie but no papers so you roll a joint with a page from the phone book
- When almost any song sounds good to you
- When you’ll eat just about anything
- When you change your order at a drive thru like three times and end up with everything you asked for
- When you can’t say “Say No To Drugs” without laughing hysterically
- When you spend 4 hours walking 3 big circles around town just to find a good place to smoke more
- When you forget what you were watching during the commercial break
- You are late and stoned to everywhere you go
- When you watch your favorite TV show on mute while you listen to your iPod
- When you and your friends keep playing a crappy video game because no one feels like switching it
- When you wake up at 6………………………….. PM
- When you roll up a blunt, forget about it, and then find it a few days later and wonder where it came from
- When you cook after getting the munchies and you forget about your find and don’t find it until tomorrow
- When you get a board game and you are too lazy to read the directions so you make up your own rules
- When You Wait For 4:20 to hit..And its 4:29 before you realized you were sopposed to smoke 9 minutes ago..
- You accidentally light your hair on fire instead of the blunt
- When you are at Jack in the Box and you don’t even remember how you got there
- You have or know someone who has done more than 20 things on this list
- You browse our blog every day, you’re our friend on facebook, you follow us on twitter, and you stop in daily to pick up bud & say hi to all of your favorite budtenders: Tino, Chelsea, Daniel, Rebecca and Jaclyn!
Hope everyone has a safe weekend! Stay safe & don’t forget to keep checking back for menu updates & new posts!
These cannabis caramel bars are a hearty treat, but don’t expect to move once they’ve kicked in. Couch-lock is almost certainly a guarantee.
- 1½ cups rolled oats
- 1½ cups flour
- ¾ cup brown sugar
- ½ teaspoon baking soda
- ¼ teaspoon salt
- ¼ cup melted cannabutter
- ¼ cup melted butter
- (topping) ½ cup brown sugar
- (topping) ½ cup granulated sugar
- (topping) ½ cup butter
- (topping) ¼ cup flour
- (topping) 1 cup chopped nuts
- (topping) 1 cup chocolate, chopped
Preheat the oven to 375°F. Using a large mixing bowl, combine your oats, brown sugar, flour, salt and baking soda. Add your cannabutter and plain butter and then stir until the texture becomes crumbly. Set aside one cup of this mixture for later use with the topping.
Now grease a 13 by 9-inch baking pan and press the remaining oat mixture into the bottom of it. Bake this for about 10 minutes, or until lightly brown. Remove them from the oven and cool for 10 minutes, being sure to leave the oven on.
While the bars cool, you can begin making the caramel topping by stirring the sugars and butter together in a heave sauce pan. Heat the concoction over minimal heat until bubbling and then allow to simmer for half-a-minute. Remove from the heat and cool until tepid; now stir in the flour.
Finally, top the oat base with chocolate pieces and mixed nuts, then drizzle on the caramel topping, followed by the 1 cup of uncooked oat mix sat aside earlier in the recipe. Place back in the oven for an additional 20 minutes (or until the caramel bars are golden brown all over). Cool once more, cut and enjoy!
A simple recipe for pot tea along with an additional method for making weed wine.
You will need:
- 1-2 grams of good hash
- 1 fluid ounce of vodka
- a pot of tea
THC is not soluble in water, so while steeping your cannabis leaves to make tea will produce flavor, the tea will have no effect. However, should you have some hash oil honey, adding a teaspoon or so to the boiling water is an easy fix. If you don’t have any hash oil honey, try gently heating a single shot of vodka and stirring in the hash until it fully dissolves, then adding it to a pot of brewed tea.
If you prefer your tea sweet, try adding a bit of condensed milk, as this will also act to absorb the THC.
The same vodka trick can also be used to infuse your favorite bottle of wine. Simply uncork the bottle, remove a shots worth of wine, replacing it with the still-warm vodka mixture, and then re-cork. Shake the bottle carefully to combine the two liquids and set aside for an off-day. We’d suggest labeling it.
Learn how to pack a bowl here.