Posts Tagged ‘medibles’
Medical Marijuana, Inc will begin to sell CBD and non-THC Cannabidiol products as health and wellness products in the United States in August of 2011. These products do not contain THC and therefore don’t carry a risk of addiction and abuse for those who use medical marijuana for what others perceive to be purely social enjoyment.
The first lines of products are to be distributed to more than two thousand health and wellness centers throughout the United States as well as direct to consumers through the Hemp Network, a division of Medical Marijuana Inc (www.thehempnetwork.com). The products will be available in a CBD tablet, CBD capsule, and CBD-infused beverage line, all which carry the health and wellness benefits of CBD cannabis extract.
The Hemp Network Mission Statement says they’re great people who are out to promote Hemp through education and political awareness. The Hemp Network is also a division of the company Medical Marijuana, Inc so “the Network” is in place to raise awareness and creation reception for a product that will be manufactured/distributed by Medical Marijuana Inc.
That’s so win-win..or is it?
Medical Marijuana, Inc is also in negotiations with Europe and China in hopes of getting distribution deals as more and more people become receptive to the idea that hemp is beneficial and profitable. The same can be said about marijuana; I wonder if this group’s hemp products actually offers some therapeutic benefits or if it’s merely an association game to exploit the buckling medical marijuana market since the Feds pulled that bullsh*t last week.
In June, Medical Marijuana Inc also acquired a 50% stake in Cannabank, a patient recommendation clinic. They seem to be moving toward controlling public perception and offering information to those seeking alternative therapies.
This is big and I’ll definitely keep you posted. Once the marijuana industry starts to maneuver strategy like standard businesses do, we may have a chance at getting legalized weed. However, I also see corporate exploitation and trickery but for now who knows so let’s all just stay tuned…
|Vapes on a plane!
Lisa Mamakind was told that as long as patients aren’t using the devices during the times when passengers aren’t allowed to use electronics, she was free to medicate as needed.
According to Mamakind, cardholding Canadian medical marijuana patients have been hassled going through security, as Canadian Air Transport Security Authority (CATSA — think TSA) agents haven’t been trained to recognize either medical marijuana cards or licenses.
The weather is getting hotter here in the US and it’s coming closer and closer to summer, practically skipping over spring, so I figured now would be a good time to write a recipe for weed ice cream. This weed ice cream is a great treat to enjoy outside when it is hot as hell with a nice cold glass of marijuana sweet tea. It tastes great and is easy to make. It’s also something you can make for you and 5 of your friends since it serves 6.
Ingredients For Weed Ice Cream
- 25g of butter (2 tablespoons or 1/4 of a stick)
- 18 fluid ounces of cream
- 75g of sugar
- Pinch of salt
- 1/4 ounce of crumbled hash or 10g of crushed weed
- 15oz of bananas
- 3 tablespoons of rum
- 5 tablespoons of honey
Making Your Weed Ice Cream
- Heat your cream in a saucepan until it is just about to boil.
- In another saucepan, melt the butter, sugar and salt.
- Warm your hash with a lighter and crumble it into your saucepan with the melted butter while stirring.
- Whisk in your cream with the butter.
- Peel your bananas and mash them up in a large bowl.
- Add your cream, rum and honey. You can also add anything else that would go great with ice cream like oreos, peanuts, chocolate chips, etc.
- Mix it well.
- Pour your mixture into a shallow plastic container. Cover it and freeze it for a few hours until it has a mushy consistency.
- Put it in a smooth bowl and whisk until your weed ice cream is smooth then put your weed cream back into your plastic container, cover and freeze it until it has an ice cream consistency.
- Before serving place your weed ice cream in the fridge for 30 minutes so it will soften up.
This recipe serves 6 and is a great way to cook with marijuana. This is one our favorite marijuana recipes and it goes great with marijuana space cake!
Pot butter ingredients:
3 sticks of unsalted butter, not margarine!
1/2 oz. or more marijuana leaf, less if using buds.
1/2 cup of water.
Tools to make weed butter:
Large pot for boiling, large bowl,
small bowl, strainer,grinder, cheesecloth
or simply an old pair of pantyhose.
1. Prepare marijuana leaf or bud. You can crush or grind your marijuana leaves using a clean electric coffee grinder for ease, or you can do it by hand with a bud grinder or with your hand. The more the leaf and bud is ground the easier it is for THC extraction.
2. Grab your large pot and add the 3 sticks of unsalted stick butter. Heat on very low stirring occasionally until melted. Don’t get stoned and burn it!
3. Once the butter is melted, add your marijuana leaf or bud, and water to the pot. Mix and bring to a slight simmer with the heat still on low and cover.
4. The hardest step in making marijuana butter is that you must wait! The longer you wait with this recipe the better the bud budder.
Let your weed butter mixture simmer for no less than two hours, and no more than 24. Yes patience! If the mixture looks like it could use some more water during the wait time feel free to add a little bit more.
5. After you can’t wait any longer, remove the bud butter from heat and let it cool until manageable (about five or ten min). Now pour your fresh marijuana butter through the strainer into your large bowl, this removes the big pieces of marijuana leaf.
6. More extraction for a nice buttery consistency. If you have a cheesecloth handy this step is easy. If your butter is still hot wear rubber gloves. If you do not want to burn yourself. Soak the cheesecloth in the budder, and squeeze into your small bowl used for storage. You can repeat this process to remove more of the marijuana remnants if you feel it is necessary.
If you do not have a cheesecloth then we would recommend using an old pair of pantyhose. Cut the foot off the pantyhose and carefully pour your marijuana butter mixture in and squeeze over your small bowl.
7. Cover your bowl and place it into the refrigerator to cool. The remaining water will separate from the butter. Once cooled you can easily pour off the excess water, and enjoy your fresh marijuana butter.
Now that you know how to make cannabutter you should try it in one of your favorite recipes that requires butter, like brownies, cake, or cookies.
Whatever your medical condition, there’s not a lot better than good home cooking to make you feel better. This recipe will result in a mouth-wateringly moist banana loaf with that ‘added extra.’ To ensure that it is even better than just good, choose a marijuana strain that is recommended for your particular illness.
PREP TIME: 25 Min
BAKE TIME: 1 Hr
READY IN: 1 Hr 25 Min
- 2 cups (10 ounces) flour, plus more for dusting the pan
- 1/4 cup plain yogurt
- 2 large eggs, beaten lightly
- 1/2 cup (1 stick) unsalted butter, melted and cooled
- 1 teaspoon vanilla extract
- 3/4 cup (5 1/4 ounces) sugar
- 3/4 teaspoon baking soda
- 1/2 teaspoon salt
- 4 very ripe bananas, mashed well
- 1 cup walnuts, toasted and chopped coarse
- A good amount of your chosen weed, ground or chopped
- 350° farenheit
- Gas mark 4
- Preheat oven. Grease the bottom and sides of a 9 by 5-inch loaf pan; dust with flour, tapping out the excess.
- In a large bowl, melt the butter and stir in your marijuana. Make sure all surfaces are covered with the butter. THC is fat soluble, so the long you leave the weed soak, the more potent your banana bread will be. This is a good store cupboard item anyway – we’ll call it green butter.
- In a large bowl, whisk together the flour, sugar, baking soda, and salt.
- In a medium bowl, mix the mashed bananas, yogurt, eggs, green butter, and vanilla with a wooden spoon.
- Lightly fold the banana mixture into the dry ingredients with a rubber spatula until just combined and the batter looks thick and chunky.
- Fold in walnuts as carefully as possible. Scrape the batter into the prepared loaf pan.
- Bake until the loaf is golden brown and a toothpick inserted in the center comes out clean or with very few crumbs, about 55-70 minutes.
- Cool in the pan for 5 minutes, then transfer to a wire rack. Serve warm or at room temperature. (The bread can be wrapped with plastic wrap and stored at room temperature for up to 3 days).
Tip: This recipe is seriously SO delicious, try a warmed up slice and spread some cream cheese on top, you’ll seriously be in heaven! YUM!