Pot butter ingredients:
3 sticks of unsalted butter, not margarine!
1/2 oz. or more marijuana leaf, less if using buds.
1/2 cup of water.
Tools to make weed butter:
Large pot for boiling, large bowl,
small bowl, strainer,grinder, cheesecloth
or simply an old pair of pantyhose.
1. Prepare marijuana leaf or bud. You can crush or grind your marijuana leaves using a clean electric coffee grinder for ease, or you can do it by hand with a bud grinder or with your hand. The more the leaf and bud is ground the easier it is for THC extraction.
2. Grab your large pot and add the 3 sticks of unsalted stick butter. Heat on very low stirring occasionally until melted. Don’t get stoned and burn it!
3. Once the butter is melted, add your marijuana leaf or bud, and water to the pot. Mix and bring to a slight simmer with the heat still on low and cover.
4. The hardest step in making marijuana butter is that you must wait! The longer you wait with this recipe the better the bud budder.
Let your weed butter mixture simmer for no less than two hours, and no more than 24. Yes patience! If the mixture looks like it could use some more water during the wait time feel free to add a little bit more.
5. After you can’t wait any longer, remove the bud butter from heat and let it cool until manageable (about five or ten min). Now pour your fresh marijuana butter through the strainer into your large bowl, this removes the big pieces of marijuana leaf.
6. More extraction for a nice buttery consistency. If you have a cheesecloth handy this step is easy. If your butter is still hot wear rubber gloves. If you do not want to burn yourself. Soak the cheesecloth in the budder, and squeeze into your small bowl used for storage. You can repeat this process to remove more of the marijuana remnants if you feel it is necessary.
If you do not have a cheesecloth then we would recommend using an old pair of pantyhose. Cut the foot off the pantyhose and carefully pour your marijuana butter mixture in and squeeze over your small bowl.
7. Cover your bowl and place it into the refrigerator to cool. The remaining water will separate from the butter. Once cooled you can easily pour off the excess water, and enjoy your fresh marijuana butter.
Now that you know how to make cannabutter you should try it in one of your favorite recipes that requires butter, like brownies, cake, or cookies.