The result of a “Yes” Vote means the following
- Personal marijuana, hemp cultivation/use without license is allowed
- The Commission will regulate commercial marijuana cultivation/sale
- Cannabis cultivation/sale to adults through state licensed-stores is allowed
- Unlicensed adult personal cultivation/use is allowed
- Restrictions on hemp are prohibited
Result of a “No” Vote means:
- Existing civil and criminal laws prohibiting cultivation are retained, possession and delivery of marijuana;
- Current statutes that permit regulated medical use of marijuana are retained
- Currently, marijuana cultivation, possession and delivery are prohibited; regulated medical marijuana use is permitted.
- Measure replaces state and local marijuana laws except medical marijuana and driving under the influence laws
- Distinguishes “hemp” from “marijuana”
- Prohibits regulation of hemp
- Creates commission to license marijuana cultivation by qualified persons and to purchase entire crop
- Commission sells marijuana at cost to pharmacies, medical research facilities, and to qualified adults for profit through state-licensed stores
- Ninety percent of net goes to state general fund, remainder to drug education, treatment, and hemp promotion.
- Sales are banned to minors.
- public consumption except where signs permit are banned
- Minors are barred from sites allowing public consumption
- Commission will regulate use and set prices, plus other administrative/managerial duties