Posts Tagged ‘weed brownies’
|Photo: Steve Elliott ~alapoet~|
|The “medicine wheel” at Ben Reagan’s dispensary, The C.P.C., is used to demonstrate for patients the continuum between saliva and indica varieties of medicinal cannabis.|
Co-Founder, The C.P.C.
|Photo: Steve Elliott ~alapoet~|
|Jeremy Kaufman, left, and Ben Reagan at The C.P.C. dispensary in Seattle’s Georgetown neighborhood|
|Photo: Steve Elliott ~alapoet~|
|Medicated caramels and a choice bud of “UW Med” strain medical cannabis from The C.P.C. in Seattle|
|Photo courtesy Ben Reagan|
|Ben Reagan, co-founder, The C.P.C.|
These cannabis caramel bars are a hearty treat, but don’t expect to move once they’ve kicked in. Couch-lock is almost certainly a guarantee.
- 1½ cups rolled oats
- 1½ cups flour
- ¾ cup brown sugar
- ½ teaspoon baking soda
- ¼ teaspoon salt
- ¼ cup melted cannabutter
- ¼ cup melted butter
- (topping) ½ cup brown sugar
- (topping) ½ cup granulated sugar
- (topping) ½ cup butter
- (topping) ¼ cup flour
- (topping) 1 cup chopped nuts
- (topping) 1 cup chocolate, chopped
Preheat the oven to 375°F. Using a large mixing bowl, combine your oats, brown sugar, flour, salt and baking soda. Add your cannabutter and plain butter and then stir until the texture becomes crumbly. Set aside one cup of this mixture for later use with the topping.
Now grease a 13 by 9-inch baking pan and press the remaining oat mixture into the bottom of it. Bake this for about 10 minutes, or until lightly brown. Remove them from the oven and cool for 10 minutes, being sure to leave the oven on.
While the bars cool, you can begin making the caramel topping by stirring the sugars and butter together in a heave sauce pan. Heat the concoction over minimal heat until bubbling and then allow to simmer for half-a-minute. Remove from the heat and cool until tepid; now stir in the flour.
Finally, top the oat base with chocolate pieces and mixed nuts, then drizzle on the caramel topping, followed by the 1 cup of uncooked oat mix sat aside earlier in the recipe. Place back in the oven for an additional 20 minutes (or until the caramel bars are golden brown all over). Cool once more, cut and enjoy!
THC EXTRACTION METHODS!
NORTH ANDOVER, Mass. – Marijuana brownies put a premature end to the junior prom at one Massachusetts high school. The dance for students of North Andover High School was shut down early Friday night after four students were hospitalized because they ate the pot-laced brownies before attending the prom, according to CBS station WBZ. As many as eleven students consumed the baked goods at the school before going to the prom itself. The brownies were handed out by another student, reports the North Andover Patch newspaper. “In the course of the investigation, it was determined that 19 brownies had apparently been distributed by a student earlier in the day before arriving for the evening at the high school,” North Andover Superintendent Chris Hottel said. The prom was held at the Atkinson Country Club in southern New Hampshire. All four of the students that went to the hospital were sent home. While they’re doing fine, the school said they will face disciplinary action, WBZ reported. North Andover police are investigating, too.
- A couple grams of weed
- Any type of cooking oil besides olive
- Any basic brownie mix that uses oil
- Grinder (for weed)
- Coffee filter with screen
- Measuring cup
- Smallish pan
- Brownie pan
- Grind your weed to a powder. It’s important that you get it as ground up as possible so the most surface area is exposed. More surface = more cannaboids exposed = you get higher.
- Mix your powder weed with your oil. Put in enough so that the oil is able to cover the weed completely when you put it in your pan. The less oil you use, the more potent it is.
- Put the mixture into a pan for about 25 – 35 minutes until it’s almost at a simmer.
- Let it cool for a few minutes once it’s done. We’re almost done learning how to make weed brownies.
Filtering The Oil:
- Grab your filter that I told you to get earlier.
- Put your oil through the filter.
- Do it again.
- Do it a third time. We don’t want any left over weed as there’s no THC left in it and it’s gross if you eat it in brownies.
- Mix in your oil to the brownies.
- Go back and mix it in a little more. It’s easy to get it uneven. If it’s uneven, there might be no THC in one brownie and TONS in another. We want them all to be even.
- Follow the directions on your brownie package.
- Bake your brownies. IMPORTANT: Do not cook your brownies over 325 degrees Fahrenheit no matter what the brownie package says. If you burn the THC, your brownies will be worthless and you will have wasted all your weed.
Why Should I Make Weed Brownies?
1) Weed brownies are delcicious.
2) You can give a weed brownie to someone who thinks it’s a regular brownie. This can be a teacher, parent, friend, or police officer!
3) Eating weed brownies is discreet. You can eat one in public and no one will care, although they may think that you’re fat.
4) Some say that edibles get you higher than regular smoking.
5) Potent weed brownies will glue you to your couch. This can also be a bad thing.
Mark Your Brownies!
I had an interesting experience this weekend. My oven is quite large, so I decided to teach my friend how to make weed brownies while I made regular brownies from scratch. The plan was to eat the weed brownies first, and then if we got the munchies, eat the delicious, from scratch, regular brownies.
Things took a turn for the worse. After 2 weed brownies each (my friend had learned how to make weed brownies effectively) we were stoned out of our minds, which was good.
As you might know, being high sometimes impairs your judgement. We went into the kitchen… and… STARTED EATING ALL THE WEED BROWNIES.
Halfway through the pan, we realized this. Uh oh. We freaked out for a second, then went along for the ride.
Essentially, if you don’t mark your weed brownies after you learn how to make weed brownies, you might eat them by accident. For us, we were in space for about 30 minutes and then literally could not stay awake. We tried getting up and moving around, it was impossible, we needed to crash and sleep. So we did.
We woke up 7 hours later… still high. Edibles last forever, and these seriously destroyed us. The good thing was that we were rested, so we just chilled, listened to music, etc.
We are regular marijuana smokers so we didn’t freak out, but if you are new and are learning how to make weed brownies for the first time, MARK THEM. You will waste weed and get too high if you don’t and eat them by accident.